Pages

Homespun Dolls Welcome

Hello Welcome to HomespunDolls blog page. I am a self taught doll artist who creates fantasy art dolls. All of my little ones live and work in a little piece of my backyard called Elftown. During their creation they all have their own personal story that is told just for them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do making them.
You can follow me on Twitter @HomespunDolls and Facebook HomespunDolls.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Little Artist and the Swinging Fairy




We are having a huge snow right now in NE Arkansas. All of my clients cancelled and so I finished up this little doll. I call her The Little Artist. She is 9 1/2 inches high and stands alone. Shes sculpted from polymer clay over a wire armature. She is gently posable with a soft torso, upper arms and legs. Her little paint pallet and brush are removable and so is her hat. I will be listing her on Ebay today.

The other sculpt I had finished several days ago but after I got it done I realized when you move the base she swings a bit. I wanted her to look like she was swinging but Im afraid if I tried to ship her she would swing too much snapping her tiny fingers off. If she was standing she would only be 4 inches high counting her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment