Pages

Homespun Dolls Welcome

Hello Welcome to HomespunDolls blog page. I am a self taught doll artist who creates fantasy art dolls. All of my little ones live and work in a little piece of my backyard called Elftown. During their creation they all have their own personal story that is told just for them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do making them.
You can follow me on Twitter @HomespunDolls and Facebook HomespunDolls.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jasper the Candle Lighter




Finished this guy today. He was whispering in my ear the entire time I was working on Marta the cook. I stayed up until my eyes were crossing because he wanted to BE so badly, lol.

Jasper the Candle Lighter.

The Candle Lighter is a Super important job in the town of Elves. A small breeze and Puff out go all the candles. How on earth would the elves find their way in the dark. The candle lighter must be ready at all times to come to the rescue. When Jasper said he would like the job, I tried to tell him it would be a 24 hour job and that he would be very tired. But Jasper insisted he was the elf for it. Now look at poor tired Japer, here he is in his gown and robe with only his teddy to keep him company. Even during the night the Candle Lighter is on call.

Jasper is sculpted from polymer clay over a wire armature, soft body over wire gently posable. Handmade clothing, shoes hat. his teddy is needle felted from wool and so is the flame on his match. The candle is sculpted from transluscent Fimo onto a vintage industrial boobin perched ontop of a old tart tin. Jasper is 10 inches high and his candle is 10 1/4.

No comments:

Post a Comment